Elastic Stack: Logging eLearning
Is it time to level up your logging? With the Elastic Stack: Logging on-demand course you will experience nearly 3.5 hours of detailed, professional video content as online training developed by our engineers covering Elasticsearch, Logstash, Kibana, and Beats!. This course is based on 5.x andbwill be replaced by a new course offering August 2018.
This course has over 60 unique modules split into 6 sections and includes numerous challenging quizzes and hands-on labs which will leave you with a fully functional Elastic Stack solution. Learn how to collect system metric data using Topbeat and how to extract and ship log data using Filebeat to Logstash for transformation and loading into Elasticsearch. You will then learn how to visualize and explore this data using Elasticsearch aggregations and searches in Kibana quickly and correctly.
Version Info: This course is based on Elastic Stack 5.x.
- Logs & Elasticsearch
- Logstash & Filebeat
- Kibana & Custom Visualizations
- Advanced Architectures & Tools
Course Expiration: You will have 90 days to consume this training course from the date of purchase. Your order confirmation will outline the date of expiration once the course is purchased.
Audience: Anyone who is new to the Elastic Stack to collect, ship, transform, store, and visualize log and event data.
Duration: With 3 hours, 25 minutes of instructional video, 5 labs and over 40 quizzes, a typical student will take between 6-8 hours to complete the course.
- No prior knowledge of the Elastic Stack is required. This course is designed for individuals new to the Elastic Stack.
- Comfort using the terminal or command line is recommended.
- Participants must use their own desktop or laptop system
- Internet connection capable of streaming video
- Mac, Linux OS, or Windows 7 or later
- Java version 1.8u20 or later installed (Note: Logstash 5.x does not support Java 9)
- A modern web browser
- At least 20% free disk space
Additional Information: All training materials are provided via the Elastic training portal. Please download Elastic Stack: Logging Lab files 1-5 and Courseware.zip, which will be used during Lab 4, prior to starting the course. Have training questions? Review our FAQ or email us.