It’s time to get serious about security. With the X-Pack: Security on-demand course you will experience nearly 2.5 hours of professional instructional video developed by our Elastic engineers covering topics such as users, roles, auditing, SSL, realms and more!
This course has over 40 modules split into 5 sections and includes challenging labs and quizzes to fortify the concepts you will learn throughout the course. Learn how to configure TLS to secure all network communication and how to log suspicious behavior as well as how to protect your secure resources with roles, users and access controls. By the end of this course you will know how to provide end-to-end security for your Elastic Stack.
Version Info: This course is based on Elastic Stack 5.x.
- Users & Roles
- Access Monitoring
- Security Realms
Course Expiration: You will have 90 days to consume this training course from the date of purchase. Your order confirmation will outline the date of expiration once the course is purchased.
Audience: Anyone who wants to use X-Pack Security to secure their Elasticsearch clusters, client applications and Elastic Stack components such as Kibana, Logstash and Beats.
Duration: With 2 hours, 30 minutes of instructional video, 4 labs and over 30 quizzes, we expect a typical student will take between 6-8 hours to complete the course.
- Some experience with Elasticsearch is helpful. A student should be familiar with the concept of an Elasticsearch Node, Cluster, Index and Documents.
- Comfort using the terminal or command line is recommended
- Participants must use their own desktop or laptop system
- Internet connection capable of streaming video
- Mac, Linux OS, or Windows 7 or later
- Java version 1.8u20 or later installed (Note: Logstash 5.x does not support Java 9)
- A modern web browser
- At least 20% free disk space